CINECITY 2011: NATURAL ARTIFICE
1X MINUTE FILMS EXPLORING ARCHITECTURE AND THE CITY
CINECITY 2011 @ The Australian Institute of Architect’s National Architecture Conference “NATURAL ARTIFICE”
- CINECITY 2011 NATURAL ARTIFICE: FILMS
- CINECITY 2011 _Persuasion_Patricia Feary
- CINECITY 2011 _Ephemeral Echo_Yvette Hamilton
- Cinecity 2011_Some Uses of String in Different Places_Audrey Lam
- CINECITY 2011 _ Natural Artfice_Matt Pirrie
- CINECITY 2011_A Placeless Place_Susanne Chan
CURATED BY: Louise Mackenzie & Sarah Breen Lovett & Russell Bywater
THE PANEL DISCUSSION & SCREENING
THE PANEL: Des Smith . Juhani Pallasmaa .Richard Sowada. Michael Tawa. Fooch. Sam Slicer + Daniel Flood.
VIEW HERE: The Panel Discussion & Films
CINECITY 2011 Architecture & Film Workshops: Spatial Ideas Explored in One Minute Films
SONA CINECITY WORKSHOP BRIEF 2011: In 2011 SONA & CINECITY present the workshop films at the Australian Institute of Architect’s National Conference in Melbourne 14 to 16 April.
- The theme of the conference this year is “natural artifice” and it this that will be explored in the films.
“While humankind is as reliant as ever on nature, our experience of what is “natural” is mediated by technology. From birth, this artifice is intrinsic in all encounters with nature. There are amazing results now evident in a world where designers are apprehending the powerful relationship between that which is natural and that which is artificial in a contemporary and meaningful way for our time.” Juhani Pallasmaa
THE BRIEF: NATURAL ARTIFICE
- The films will explore the idea of natural artifice: The inspiration for your film will start from the ideas explored by the international speakers at the National Conference.
As Juhani Pallasmaa has engaged with ideas of architecture and cinema you may wish to explore his essay “Lived Space in Architecture and Cinema” as a starting point for the inspiration for your film. The essay can be found at:
The film will communicate /question /explore – an architectural idea about space and how we experience this space.
- The workshop will be run in a format similar to an esquisse
This is an experiment…no experiments fail…
The focus will be on the process not the final presentation.
It’ll be cheap… digital cameras/mobile phones …
Each film will be 60 seconds in length
The filmmaker must own the copy write or have permission to use all the material in their films – images, sound, music etc
As this year the workshop will call for national participants it will also have an online content. Monday 14/02/11 to Monday 04/04/11 http://cinecity2011.blogspot.com/ Forum & Further Details and the links to Vimeo and the Australian Institute of Architects National Conference Saturday 5/03/11 _Face to Face workshop in Melbourne & Sydney. These workshops are optional not essential. TO REGISTER: email SONA Manager: Janet Renehan firstname.lastname@example.org
CINECITY ARCHITECTURAL FILM PROJECT
VIEW FILMS HERE: vimeo group