CINECITY 2010 WORKSHOP & EXHIBITION
CINECITY 2010 poster by Elizabeth Diaz
1X MINUTE FILMS EXPLORING ARCHITECTURE AND THE CITY
- Subterranea 2010 By Lindy Fetherston
- Just a Minute 2010 by Nachiket KALLE
- Decline by Gregory Mackay
- Untitled by Jorge López Canales
- Unititled by Chris Rodda
- Russell BYWATER _”Film Form Film Sense”
Dianne PEACOCK _ “Ancient Modernists Spatial Mystery”
- Carolina TORRES _ “Latin Odyssey: channel 31″
Foo Chi SUNG (Fooch) _ “Squint/Opera”
Russell BYWATER _ “From Concept to Process”
- Nick LARKINS _ “Music, Sound, Film”
- WITH Peter RIENSBECK, Peter LEISS AND Simon SELLERS
- * The films will explore a transition / journey / movement from one type of space to another
* The films will explore – virtual architecture – an architectural experience – how films construct a world, a place.
* The film will communicate /question /explore – an architectural/design idea about space and how we experience this space
* The spaces will be occupied…
* The spaces could be imaginary….
SPACE TYPES: choose three
framed space/ framing space/ interstitial space/confined space/emotional space/dense space/physiological space/ free space/ non space/ threshold space/ expansive space/shallow space/ deep space/ crowed space/ quite space/intimate space/transitional space…
SPACE ACTIONS: EVENTS/ACTIONS: choose three
sitting/ stopping/ running/ entering/ leaving/ jumping/ thinking/ looking/ shouting/ kissing/ kicking passing/ leaping/ laughing/ playing/ working/ sweeping/ digging/ walking/ skipping/ lingering, speeding/dancing/ drinking/ eating/ traveling ….
- * The workshop will be run in a format similar to an esquisse
*This is an experiment…no experiments fail…
* The focus will be on the process not the final presentation.
*It’ll be cheap…filming: digital camera’s/mobile phones …editing: free software.
* In camera editing (negotiable – NOTE: will have time implications)
* The projects will be site specific…
* Each student will produce a film 60 seconds in length.
*Exhibition: Presentation of works: workshop participants will have to consider how the work will be exhibited – in the design hub gallery .
WEEK 4: CRITIQUE! 17/07/10 1:00- 4:00pm
Workshop participants will present their films to the expert panel: where the ideas that have been explored will be discussed
* The panel will not judge the works as such but enter into a discussion regarding the ideas that have been explored.
THE EXHIBITION Friday 27 August 2010 @ 6:00PM VENUE: Design Hub Gallery RMIT
TO BRING ALONG TO WEEK ONE:
*Each workshop participant to bring along one still/or one panel from a storyboard – one key image – as a starting point.
*One A3 sketch pad
* 6 x 6B pencils.
TO REGISTER: Email Janet Renehan at SONA_ Australian Institute of Architects
# # #
CINECITY 2010: PHOTOGRAPHS FROM THE WORKSHOP
CINECITY ARCHITECTURAL FILM PROJECT
VIEW FILMS HERE: vimeo group